Friday, June 5, 2009

Patience.... I need some!

Well it hasn't been my favorite summer so far... I'm happy to be in Colorado at my sister's house but somehow I managed to get pneumonia. I didn't even know you could just get pneumonia. I had always thought it was some kind of secondary infection after a cold or whatever. I've learned that's not true! I kept trying to deal with my 'cold' until it was so bad that I was having a tough time breathing and my cough was just plain scary so my sister took me to the ER. After a few tests, we found out that I had pneumonia. They debated admitting me to the hospital but agreed to let me come home and recover as long as I promised to rest. They loaded me up with all kinds of drugs and I've been working on recovering every since. That was Monday and I'm feeling a lot better now. My cough is still kind of ugly but they said that is going to last awhile. The hospital said I should plan to be off of my feet for about two weeks but I really don't think it's going to take that long, or should I say I hope. Either way, I'm happy that I got some meds and that I'm starting to do better.

Of course, it just so happens that I had just landed a summer job up here and I was supposed to start last Friday. With being sick, we had postponed to Monday... needless to say that didn't happen since I went to the ER instead. The docs said there was no way I'd be starting a new job right away... so we'll see if the job is still there when I'm able to work. The owner said to give him a call when I was feeling better and we'd go from there, so we'll see!

If that doesn't pan out, I might be headed back to Phoenix and hope for some temp work until my job starts in November. There are some benefits to that too but I'm not making any decisions right now. In the meantime, I'm trying to have patience with myself, my health, the job, family.... uh ya just patience in general. :)

2 comments:

Michelle and Javier said...

Oh man! I totally hope you get feeling better!

naugirl said...

Thanks, I'm doing a lot better now! Next up... checking on that job.