Thursday, April 2, 2009

5 weeks.... :/

Okay... I never thought I would be nervous about graduation because it's not like I haven't been in the 'adult' working world before but with all the job concerns, just thinking about it gives me butterflies and not the good kind. The company I'm going to work for just laid off 30% of the office where I'm starting (phx). So far my offer/contract still stands but knowing what's been happening does not make things easier for this summer. Then of course there's the concern that once I start (assuming I start as planned) then will the economy have bounced back soon enough for them to avoid future layoffs? ugh... I've considered going for my MBA just to have a fallback but the program starts in early August and with me not having a start date until November, chances are I wouldn't know about the job soon enough to know whether or not I should go through with the MBA. I admit, things could be FAR worse! I still have my offer and start date and I know a lot of people just lost their jobs entirely. I'm thankful for what I have, I don't mean to seem ungrateful... just trying to not be concerned about the future.

No comments: