Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's all about saving lives...


Every year at NAU there's a Relay for Life event which benefits the American Cancer Society. This year... I've taken the initiative with one of the organizations I'm part of, Beta Alpha Psi, and assuming the role of team captain!! It's very exciting and somewhat intimidating. I've read through the captain materials and it sounds like there's a lot to making a great time. Of course, I can always just let it ride and have a not-so-fun, not-so-exciting team but those of you that know me know that's not the way I usually like to do things. SO... I'm going to do my best to rock it this year and we'll see what happens!


I know so many people have been touched by cancer in various ways. It's one of those things that when you hear it, your heart falls because you know what that means for the road ahead. Of course, that doesn't mean giving up. I have so much respect for people that find the strength to fight for life. In 2008 alone, there were 1,437,180 more people diagnosed with cancer. I saw that when I was looking through my team captain information. I know cancer is bad... but almost 1.5 million people in one year!?

I'm only one person leading one team in one relay... but I know I can make a difference and I'd really appreciate any support or sponsorship that you can provide. If you could take a moment just to think about the cause and decide if you can spare a few dollars to support those fighting a life-long battle, it would mean a lot to me. I know money is tight for all of us but whether it's $1, $5, or $50... every little bit makes a big difference.

Just follow this link if you can help: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/cclark09

Thank you so much!! Carol :)

1 comment:

*Amy * said...

Hey let me know when you want to go on our trip. The 19th and 20th are the best for me. If we went on the 20th I would need to be back before 1pm on the 21st because I told Chris to work that evening, it will be the only day in the week he will be working. Alora has a well-check at 9ish on the 19th that I need to go to but it should only take an hour so if we leave on the 19th I wouldn't be able to leave until around 10:30. Let me know what you are thinking. It will be fun!